Paleo Fish Tacos
Note: This recipe was first posted on my original blog, Celebration Generation, on Apr 10, 2020. It was transferred over to this blog - existing comments and all - on 9/20/2021
Fish Tacos - AIP Paleo and Gluten-Free!
When I first started my stint on the AIP diet, the first couple of weeks were all about trying to come up with options that were easy, tasty, and that my husband would also eat.
Fish tacos were something I decided to try early on, but the first attempt went poorly.
My husband LOVED them - the Cassava Flour Tortillas are really good! - but deep frying the fish had been such a frustrating hassle, I didn’t want to do it regularly.
I’m not big on battered fish anyway (don’t judge!), so I decided to go for a simple seasoned and baked fish, the second time around.
... and we quickly settled on these fish tacos as a staple menu item, having them at least weekly. SO good!
Paleo Fish Tacos - AIP and Gluten-Free!
In terms of the fish, we tend to use cod, tilapia, sometimes halibut if we’re feeling bougie.
We usually ask our wonderful fishmonger for recommendations as to what’s looking best at the moment. (We <3 her - she’s a giant geek.) Basically, just go for something white and flaky! We’ve settled on topping just with the AIP mango salsa to keep things simple, AIP compliant, and fresh tasting - it’s a well-balanced flavour, and isn’t lacking for anything.
Depending on your own way of eating (IE if you don’t need to restrict things as much), you can add crema, pickled onions, jalapeno slices, whatever you like. It’s a good base!
Enjoy these Fish Tacos - AIP Paleo and Gluten-Free!
More Paleo Recipes
Looking for more recipes that are not only gluten-free, but grain free - or AIP friendly? Here are a few more options!
AIP Bread Stuffing
AIP / Paleo Flatbread
AIP / Paleo Ranch Dressing
Calamansi Paleo Panna Cotta
Mango Salsa for Fish Tacos
Paleo Cassava Flour Tortillas
Paleo Chicken Pad Thai
Paleo Chicken Shawarma
Paleo Sweet Potato Gnocchi [AIP]
Quick Beet Pickles [AIP & Paleo]
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Fish Tacos - AIP, Paleo, and Gluten Free!
- 1 Batch Mango Salsa
- ⅔ lb Fresh, boneless fish of choice
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Batch Cassava Flour Tortillas
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare your mango salsa, store in fridge while preparing the fish
- Slice your fish into strips or chunks, as desired. Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Sprinkle seasoning liberally over fish pieces. Flip each piece, season the other side.
- Bake fish for 15 minutes, or until cooked through - cooked fish will flake easily with a fork.
- While fish is baking, prepare your cassava flour tortillas, adding the garlic and onion powders to the dry ingredients.
- Once fish is baked and tortillas cooked, assemble tacos with fish and salsa, serve immediately!
- If you don't need to be AIP specifically, you can use whatever tortillas or taco shells you prefer!