Gluten-Free Crab Cakes with Horseradish Sauce
Note: This recipe was first posted on my original blog, Celebration Generation, on February 6, 2015. It was transferred over to this blog - existing comments and all - on 9/20/2021
I've been so busy with costuming stuff, it's been a while since I posted a recipe... and even longer since I've posted something gluten-free. Well, let's fix that 🙂
Gluten-Free Crab Cakes
These Gluten-Free Crab Cakes are everything you could want in a crab cake - flavourful, colourful, very quick and easy to make.
The ingredients come together quickly, and cooking takes almost no time at all!
The result is a meal that is suitable as a quick and relatively healthy weeknight meal... but also elegant and impressive for entertaining.
With Valentine's Day coming up, this is a great recipe to have in your arsenal, for your gluten-free sweetie!
Horseradish Sauce for Gluten-Free Crab Cakes
While these crab cakes are fantastic on their own - maybe with a little lemon squeezed over them! - the horseradish sauce really kicks it up a bit!
This is super easy to make and only has 3 ingredients. You'll want to make it at least an hour ahead, though - it really benefits from letting the ingredients mingle for a while!
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 Tbsp+ prepared horseradish
Whisk together until well blended, chill for 1 hour. Taste, add more horseradish if you'd like more bite.
More Gluten-Free Fish & Seafood Recipes!
Looking for more gluten-free seafood recipes for the whole family? Here are some fantastic options!
Gluten-Free Coconut Shrimp
Gluten-Free Cod Au Gratin
Gluten-Free Cod Cheeks & Dressing
Gluten-Free Creamy Creole Pasta
Gluten-Free Creamy Creole Soup
Gluten-Free Fish Fingers & Custard
Gluten-Free Mango Shrimp Spring Rolls
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Gluten Free Crab Cakes with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 lb Crab Meat
- ¼-1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Large Eggs Beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove Pressed
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup White rice flour
- 3 Green Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 Fresno Chili Finely Chopped
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 Lemon Cut into wedges
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp+ Prepared Horseradish
- Strain any visible liquid off crab meat, if applicable. Pick through meat to remove shells, discard any found. Set crab meat aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, eggs, and mustard until smooth. Add Worchestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and rice flour, once again whisking until smooth and well incorporated. Add green onions, chili, and crab meat, gently mix until well combined.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large fry pan, heat 1-2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. As oil is heating, shape crab mixture into patties
- Use a metal spatula to gently transfer crab cakes to oil, being careful not to burn yourself – oil may spatter. Pan fry crab cakes until browned – about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm, with lemon wedges and horseradish sauce:
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together until well blended, chill for 1 hour. Taste, add more horseradish if you’d like more bite.